When: By Appointment – Mon & Thurs between 10 am-3pm or Tues & Wed between 10 am to 9pm
BOOKINGS ARE NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2011 & 2012
Due to popular demand and upon request I am now providing private one-2-one tuition geared towards helping creatives (i.e. artists, photographers, crafters etc) and those not technically minded/orientated to make the most of the internet to promote and sell what they do best!
With over 20 years of working in the software and web development industry I have a accumulated a host of IT skills that I have found to be most useful in helping to promote myself as an artist for the past two years which I am keen to share with others!
The course is fairly flexible depending on an individuals level of expertise and will include starting from basics for beginners to more advanced level technical skills for those that already dabble!
Following an initial consultation we will establish the key skills that are most applicable for your individual needs. Based on these skills, key areas from the course content below will be selected for your tailormade course content.
The length of the course will depend on the selected content and will at minimum be based over 5 x 2 hour sessions. There is however no rush as this can be extended depending on an individuals needs. Booking of sessions is designed to be flexible i.e. you choose the date / time that is most convenient for you.
The course content will consist of (but is not restricted to):
- Basic media editing, management & manipulation inc. image, video etc using Picassa, Paintshop Pro, YouTube, Flickr etc
- Blogging inc. WordPress, Blogger and others!
- Website design, creation & management
- Participating in Forums & Groups
- Copyright & Licensing
- Online Protection (spam, viruses etc)
- Social Networking e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linked in etc
- Online Promotion & Advertising i.e. promoting & selling work via online communities & social networks such as Etsy, Ebay, Facebook etc
- Working with Photoshop
- Working with Dreamweaver & other website creation tools
- Template & website customisation using widgets, plugins & scripting
- Setting up your own online store – selling work from your own website e.g. using Paypal
Materials & Equipment
I can provide the use of a laptop during tuition. However to complete course work you will need either a PC or Laptop with at minimum Windows XP.
WiFi / Broadband Internet connection (if taught at home)
I will provide advice on software needed as part of consultation. For most of the course content I aim to make use of freely available software however purchase of software maybe required for more advanced tuition.
If you need any advice on equipment or software or want to learn more about something not listed above please feel free to contact me with your query prior to booking.
Fees: £30 per 2 hour session
Please book in advance to guarantee a place.
Contact: Midge at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and bookings